I came across this “spiders” recipe on Just Ask Boo and immediately had to make it. Salty and sweet heaven. Try them for yourself! See the recipe below from Just Ask Boo.
- 2 bags of butterscotch morsels (Publix makes them, so does nestle)
- One can of salted cocktail peanuts
- One can of Chinese chow mein noodles - not the tall can, the med size one
- If you don't have a double boiler, put about 6 inches of water in a pan, and put a pyrex bowl or pie dish over it. Leave an inch or 2 between the water and the pyrex dish. (If you do have a double boiler, this is even easier.)
- Boil the water on the stove, which will melt the morsels in the pyrex.
- Once you boil the water, you can turn the heat down a bit. Not bubbling but still hot.
- Stir the morsels so there are no more lumps. Should be smooth.
- Mix in the peanuts.
- Once it's all mixed, add the noodles. Gently fold them in so you don't break them.
- Use a rubber spatula or spoon or your hand (everyone does it their own way) to form the little spiders, about 1/3 - π the size of your fist, and put them on wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- Let them cool in the fridge over night.