Last night at the new Vineyard Vines at The Gardens Mall, we got to meet Lisa Birnbach, author of True Prep. Already loving her book! I had read in House Beautiful and a few other magazines on my return flight from DC (I was in magazine heaven) about her new book so it was great to meet her.
From the author of The Official Preppy Handbook comes a new take on the old world that Lisa Birnbach turned into an international best selling phenomenon thirty years ago. True Preps looks at how the old guard of natural-fiber-loving, dog worshipping, G&T-soaked preppies adapts to the new order of the internet, cell phones, rehab, political correctness, reality TV and... polar fleece.
A small sample:
- Wardrobe: Recent prep brands we are forced to recognize. How to tell Casual Friday from, say, Saturday.
- Money: We never talk about it.
- Food: Does the Food Network mean we're going to have to cook? Bake? Now you're going to far.
- Scandals: Poor Ms. Astor. When Mummy's plastic surgery goes terribly wrong. Rehab and the slammer: the new prep schools
- We're outta here: When to name something after yourself, and when not. The right obituary.
- What to do with your dogs if you predecease them.
- NO TEXTING AT THE TABLE, PLEASE.
To buy a copy of True Prep, Click here.