Thursday, June 23, 2011

Kaas Glassworks - Great Find by Sheridan French


Months ago I saw Sheridan French mention Kaas Glassworks, a handmade decoupage store in NY, and wanted to check it out the next time I was in the city. On my recent trip, I headed to the West Village and what a treat. This quaint and cozy store is so unique and I can't wait to make a custom piece. There are many pieces in the store to choose from too.

Kaas Glassworks involves the art of decoupage under glass. Each piece is put together by hand using reprinted images that we have collected from frequent trips to flea markets, antique shows and estate sales.

The final result is a sentimental collection of trays, plates, coasters and paperweights. Both decorative and functional, each piece may be used on a table or dresser, or displayed on the wall with the use of a simple plate hanger.


No comments:

Post a Comment