Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"Sip and Sea" Featured in The Party Dress Magazine

I was so excited and honored when Kelly Lyden from The Party Dress asked me to be apart of her second issue of The Party Dress Magazine.

This party was inspired by an octopus table runner I spotted months ago at Pioneer Linens and wanted to incorporate into an upcoming event theme. It dawned on me that it would be the perfect opportunity to plan a Sip and See to welcome a new baby, but to use a play on words with “Sea”.

I wanted to do a non-traditional Under the Sea theme, so I pulled together a stunning tablesetting featuring a natural textured runner, and paired it with a sparkly aqua blue, mermaid-like linen, and coral table top décor from VM Flowers. I created a custom invite with a textured look similar to the runner with an octopus and turtle. The napkins and shell napkin rings were also from Pioneer Linens, and were paired with aqua blue plates from Z Gallerie. I was obsessed with the little details, like the natural hangtags with blue octopus from Magnetoid Magnets on Etsy. I kept the desset table simple with an octopus and turtle cookie bouquet, and cupcakes were from The Sugar Monkey. Decorations included a custom “Greyson” sign made by PartyStarters and newborn photo by Brooke Logue Photography. The suitcases, aqua blue coral and frame also added to our theme décor.

This theme could also work well for a baby shower! The soothing, cool yet sophisticated color palette is the perfect way to welcome a new baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment